Tips for Healthy Holiday Eating
▪ Eat a small, low-fat snack such as fruit or low-fat cheese before you head out the door.
▪ Make just one trip to the party buffet. Choose only the foods you really want to eat and keep portions small.
▪ Go easy on fried appetizers and cheese cubes. Instead, have some raw vegetables with a small amount of dip or try boiled shrimp or scallops with cocktail sauce or lemon.
▪ Bring a dish to the party filled with raw vegetables with a yogurt or cottage cheese dip, or bring a platter of fresh fruit.
▪ If you are at a sit-down dinner party, cut your first helping in half. So you can enjoy seconds.
▪ Enjoy physical activity after a holiday feast. Find activities the whole family can do.
▪ Be realistic. Don't try to lose weight during the holidays. Instead, strive to maintain your weight by balancing party eating with other meals.
▪ Have fun. Enjoy traditional holiday meals and party foods with family and friends while maintaining a healthy lifestyle, too.
Interested in learning about weight goal and nutrition needs? Schedule a free body weight and fat% analysis with Hazel at 626-283-5128 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.