Broccoli and Beef Stir-Fry
A delicious combination of high-quality protein and vegetables!
Yield: 4 servings
2 garlic cloves
1 medium Roma tomato
8 ounces lean sirloin beef, uncooked
12 ounces frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
2 tablespoons peanut oil
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 cups cooked brown or white rice
1. Chop the garlic cloves and Roma tomato. Cut beef into thin strips.
2. Microwave frozen stir-fry vegetable blend on defrost setting for 3-4 minutes to thaw.
3. In a fry pan or wok heat oil and sauté the garlic until fragrant. Add vegetable blend stir-fry until cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. In same pan add beef. Cook until beef is done to your likeness, about 7 minutes.
5. Prepare the sauce by combining chicken broth, cornstarch and soy sauce in a bowl.
6. Add cooked vegetables, sauce and tomato to the pan with the beef. Heat and stir until sauce is thick.
7. Serve dish with 1/2 cup rice.
Broccoli stir-fry blends contain a blend of 4-6 vegetables. In addition to broccoli, the blend may include bell peppers, onion, mushrooms and water chestnuts carrots, celery, sugar snap peas or baby corn.
If desired, use fresh vegetables instead of frozen. Substitute with 3 cups fresh broccoli florets, 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 cup snow peas and 1/4 cup canned sliced water chestnuts.
Analysis includes brown rice. Select brown, white or wild rice based on your preference.
Increase meat for a higher protein meal.
You can substitute chicken, shrimp, pork for beef to make variations in this dish.
Recipe courtesy of: davita.com
Serving: 1-1/2 cup stir-fry + 1/2 cup rice
Calories: 373 kcals
Protein: 18 g
Carbohydrates: 37 g
Fat: 17 g
Sodium: 351 mg
Potassium: 555 mg
Phosphorus: 255 mg
Calcium: 62 mg
Fiber: 5.1 g