Butternut & Lentil Burger with Mushroom Sauce
Sweet baked squash and earthy lentils make for mighty delicious burgers – especially when smothered in a creamy mushroom sauce and served on a bed of satisfying quinoa. Green beans are a great source of essential nutrients!
Image courtesy of: Mindfulchef.com
Yield: 4-6 servings
Cook time: 40 mins
400g butternut squash
200ml cashew cream (Nuts)
2 garlic clove
300g green beans
1 tbsp dried Italian herbs
240g chestnut mushrooms
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard (Mustard)
40g whole oats (gluten-free)
1 red onion
1 handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley
250g black beluga lentils (pouch)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / fan 180C / gas mark 6. Peel the squash and dice into 1cm cubes. Place on a lined tray and mix with 1/2 tbsp oil, a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Roast for 15 mins, until soft and cooked.
2. Finely dice the onion and garlic. Finely chop the mushrooms. Heat a medium frying pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook for 3-5 mins, until softened, then transfer a quarter of the mix into a bowl and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, finely chop or crush the garlic. Finely slice the leek into half-moons. Finely chop the parsley. Add the garlic and leek to the remaining mushroom mix and cook for a further 5 mins, then transfer to a large bowl. Add the squash and lentils and mash well, then stir in the dried herbs, oats and half the parsley. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Shape equally into 8 patties. Place on a lined tray and bake for 10-15 mins, until golden.
4. Rinse the quinoa and place in a saucepan with 600ml lightly salted boiling water. Simmer for 15 mins, then drain.
5. Put the reserved mushroom mix back in the pan over a medium heat. Add the cashew cream and mustard; heat through. Simmer for 5 mins. Meanwhile, trim the beans and cook in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 mins, then drain.
6. Serve the beans with the patties and top with the mushroom cream sauce. Garnish with the remaining parsley.
Calories: 483 kcals
Protein: 16 g
Carbs: 69 g
Fat: 15 g
Recipe courtesy of: MindfulChef.com